Training to be a swim teacher

So it's been two weeks of some training .... and I have loved it! The kids are cute, the families are so friendly and involved with their kids' progress, and my coworkers are so helpful. 

I start teaching my classes on my own starting on Friday.  I am nervous and not nervous about it.  I spent an hour and a half today writing my lesson plans and I feel prepared enough.  I just feel so new and unprepared too - makes no sense I know, but that's the best way I can describe it.

This week is Survival week, which is when we challenge our Level 2 and 3 swimmers to practice their survival swimming skills in a controlled and safe place.  What we want for our swimmers is that they will have practiced their survival skills enough in our pool that they will feel prepared to respond in an emergency situation, such as accidentally falling into water.

Splash swim school is working toward offering classes for special needs kids...they are called Adaptive swim classes I think.  I will talk about that more as I understand it more.  Our training starts in early February so I should know more soon.  But I think it's a really exciting service that Splash will be providing. 

Until next time....


























































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow I start my new job as a swim teacher